Ride or Die OCA4LIFE!

Notices

Member's Rigs Introductions/Show Us What You Got...

Old 07-17-2018
Shameful Lurker

WilfredLam is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickss69 View Post
All of Labor Day weekend. I trust this Zippyloan review and broke the walls into roughly 20' sections so I could manage to raise them upright alone. Bench pressing those 2x12x20 ceiling joists was about all I could handle for sure...tired puppy that weekend.

Guys are coming Sunday morning to make/install the gutters which it sorely needs. I have about half of the apartment insulated right now...the rest will follow after the firewall is sheetrocked and I run the lineset's for the HVAC unit.
Amazing looking cars, Rick. Love the red color on the 1965 El Camino. It looks so sexy. What are your plans with the cars?

Last edited by WilfredLam; 11-30-2022 at 04:34 AM.
Old 07-17-2018
OCA Gladiator

rickss69 is on a distinguished road

Both El Camino's are gone. The red one I never took delivery of because the seller on ebay actually resold it after I had made payment and was awaiting transportation...yep, some real winners out there in the world. After that I decided to shed myself of the blue one as well because it was misrepresented by the seller...my fault for not having it checked out before purchasing.

Anyway, I picked up this '47 Chevy Rat truck above Chicago recently and plan to redo it to my liking once I have the shop completed.

Already stripped some of the metal off it. The bed will be the next thing to go replaced with a homemade flat bed of my design. The truck cab is sitting on a chopped '87 Chevy one ton dually chassis with a '89 Dodge Cummins turbo diesel stuffed between the rails.

The shop is built and they are putting metal on it atm. I don't have any pictures on this laptop right now, but I will post some soon of the progress. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-12-2018
Lets Shake Things Up!!!

OC Maximus is on a distinguished road

Now that's one interesting build

Old 08-13-2018
OCA Gladiator

Yea! Building is ready for concrete and plumbing...be so happy to have this behind me.

Old 09-24-2018
OCA Gladiator

This is the shop I needed 30 years ago...oh well, better late than never I suppose.
Turns out all contractors are so flippin busy I can't get anyone to show up for projects such as framing, plumbing, HVAC, ect., so I just fell into it on my own. Problem is when all your buddies are your age and are in worse physical condition than you are lol...help has been non-existent. Framing was just strenuous...the plumbing, I just suck at, but got er done. Going to install a split-mini heat and air system myself and get a pro to purge/charge at the end. The electrical part was a no brainer as that was my business many years ago.

Decided to go with a metal ceiling in both the apartment and shop area. The walls will be mostly wood paneling of some sort. Lighting will be LED throughout. I will post more pics as this progresses.
Old 09-27-2018
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

Hey Superman, you definitely know how to gitter dun Rick. How long it take you to frame all that up solo?
Old 09-27-2018
OCA Gladiator

All of Labor Day weekend. I broke the walls into roughly 20' sections so I could manage to raise them upright alone. Bench pressing those 2x12x20 ceiling joists was about all I could handle for sure...tired puppy that weekend.

Guys are coming Sunday morning to make/install the gutters which it sorely needs. I have about half of the apartment insulated right now...the rest will follow after the firewall is sheetrocked and I run the lineset's for the HVAC unit.
Old 09-30-2018
Superenthusiast

Kal-EL is on a distinguished road

Hats off Rick, looks like its coming along swell.
Old 11-08-2018
OCA Gladiator

lakeside2189 is just getting started

I like it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I7 5960 X / Asus X99 Pro / Custom WCed CPU
Intel 750 SSD 400GB / G.Skill RipJaw 32GB 4 x 8 PC19200 / DDR4 2400 / EVGA GTX 980TI hybrids (2)
"If you do what you've always done. You get what you always got" I know OCing is not the same as it was, BUT it still makes my heart beat FAST!!!!!